cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I install NSO for production use in a large network on a virtual machine

pgilbert@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Customer wants to know if NSO can be loaded and run on a virtual machine, if so what hypervisors and does it support all network sizes?

Small, Medium, Large and Extra Large

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey there,

Short answer is yes and yes. As far as hypervisors are concerned it should be agnostic as NSO runs on top of linux.

There was a NSO sizing guide at one point on the DevNet site but I cant seem to find it. Try searching internally.

There are different sizing requirements for the VM (mostly memory as the cDB gets pulled into memory). then for Extra Large Networks you may run either clustered NSO nodes or an LSA model.

Scaling can be flexible to requirements and network scale.

Goodluck!

Brandon

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hey there,

Short answer is yes and yes. As far as hypervisors are concerned it should be agnostic as NSO runs on top of linux.

There was a NSO sizing guide at one point on the DevNet site but I cant seem to find it. Try searching internally.

There are different sizing requirements for the VM (mostly memory as the cDB gets pulled into memory). then for Extra Large Networks you may run either clustered NSO nodes or an LSA model.

Scaling can be flexible to requirements and network scale.

Goodluck!

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: