Helpful
Replies

Cisco-ios Ned auto-prompts Regex Q

elwise
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I'm trying to add a custom prompt thats used for our console servers into the

'/ ncs:devices / device { hostname } / ned-settings / cisco-ios-meta:cisco-ios-auto-prompts' 

I know it takes regular expressions but would anyone be able to tell me the format for the regular expression. Currently I'm just trying to check if anywhere in the prompt it says 'Exit from Menu       : press x key' and then answer x however I cant seem to get it too work so Im presuming I'm using the wrong format for the regex.

Many Thanks,

Elliot

1 Reply 1

Lennart Bång
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Not sure if this is solved yet, long times since your post, but I can help me if you provide me with the raw trace from your run.

Do this in ncs_cli -C:

devices global-settings trace raw

devices disconnect

devices connect

devices device <devname> live-status exec any "the command which triggers the menu"

Then attach the .trace file here (after stripping any private info from show running). I can then check how it all looks.

Or alternatively, if you tell me what device type you got, what command you running and how to trigger it all.

Regards,

Lennart

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: