cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Commit retry timeout for services committed from Action Callback.

tnomura
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am running NSO4.4.2.

Both /ncs-config/commit-retry-timeout and /ncs-config/cli/commit-retry-timeout are set to 15sec.

If services are committed from CLI, I see 2nd service waits for 1st service to complete for 15sec which is expected.

However, if services are committed form Action Callback with applyTrans, I see 2nd service waits "forever" until 1st service completes.

From man page, it looks like these timers are only meant for commits from CLI and JSON RPC.

Is there similar retry timer for commits from Action Callback or any other Thread that uses NavuAPI and applyTrans to kick services?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Takeru Nomura

2 Replies 2

Dan.Sullivan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there isn't a separate time for a commit within an action. In fact you have to contend with the retry timeout and the action timeout. You can specify how long a action call can be outstanding before NSO times it out.

-Dan

Thank you so much for your reply!

Can you please kindly elaborate bit more on "you have to contend with retry timeout and action timeout"?

For action timeout, I was able to figure out I can tweak it actionSetTimeout() or /japi/query-timeout.

But I wasn't able to quite figure out how I can do anything with retry timeout inside action callback...

Sorry...

Best regards,

Takeru Nomura

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: