Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting to remote device with cipher key option

Shashank Srivastava
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I am trying to connect to a remote ios device via proxy. However, when I try to connect below error is received from the device:

info Failed to connect to device edge-cisco1: connection refused: NEDCOM CONNECT: Timeout after 720s, blocked on: "\r\nUnable to negotiate with xx.xx.xx.xx(device ip) port 22: no matching cipher found. Their offer: aes128-cbc,3des-cbc,arcfour,aes192-cbc,aes256-cbc\r\r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# \r\n# " in state login

I tried to do direct ssh from proxy server and same error was returned:

# ssh cisco@xx.xx.xx.xx
Unable to negotiate with 192.168.36.101 port 22: no matching cipher found. Their offer: aes128-cbc,3des-cbc,arcfour,aes192-cbc,aes256-cbc

Running same command with -c option I was able connect to device using username and password. I used one of the ciphers offered by the remote device.

ssh -c aes128-cbc cisco@xx.xx.xx.xx

Is there a way to configure this option in NSO?

Thanks,

Shashank

0 Replies 0