Views
Helpful
Replies

displaying bgp status after commit on nx-os

kerim mohammed
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

where can I find a sample implementation of yang and mapping logic for displaying out of "show ip bgp summ" on a cisco-nx device?

thanks,

Kerim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ive built a small example package that uess reactive FASTMAP and live-status exec to do service selftests like you want. You can find it here https://github.com/NSO-developer/selftest

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jan Lindblad
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm pretty sure there is no such example.

Did a quick check now, and ip bgp summary seems not to be included in the latest CLI NED. Is that what you are using? If you want this status to be included in the NED, you need to file a ticket requesting it to be added.

If you are using a NETCONF NED, this may already be covered, not sure. Feel free to share your YANG with me.

I am using CLI NED.  do you think, actions or post-modification validation more appropriate? and if there are examples out there. My plan is to do IP BGP SUMMARY on the spine switches once I brought up the leaf switches. my service model is attached.

Yeah, I checked the nexus yang model for device state (out put of show commands) too...I couldn't find something to model "show ip bgp summary" for. But it will help me understand the concept, if you can point me how one leverages the oprational(state) yang model to display states...say "show interface status"....

thanks

Ive built a small example package that uess reactive FASTMAP and live-status exec to do service selftests like you want. You can find it here https://github.com/NSO-developer/selftest

thanks hniska! do you happen to have or point me where I could find similar implementation in Java? not a big deal if you couldn't find one, I think can make sense out of the python code. Just more familiar with java

Hi!

Nope, no java implementation that I know of. But maybe this is the thing that will make you switch over to Python, at least for NSO projects :)

Thanks...Yeah I am working on it(python)