Views
Helpful
Replies

Error observed during transition of configuration

gavaselv
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I could observe error while pushing config via NSO. Seems like some environment variable issue or Device config is missing.

I have added new device(ASR-9k exr) in exising nso-4.7 setup. Downloaded Yang and installed drned properly as per the wiki.

https://wiki.cisco.com/display/XRNGSIT/Adding+a+netconf+device+in+NSO+and+building+Pioneer+NED+for+it

admin@ncs# config

Entering configuration mode terminal

admin@ncs(config)# devices device ASR9K-gavas

admin@ncs(config-device-ASR9K-gavas)# ping

result PING 10.104.99.181 (10.104.99.181) 56(84) bytes of data.

64 bytes from 10.104.99.181: icmp_seq=1 ttl=239 time=234 ms

--- 10.104.99.181 ping statistics ---

1 packets transmitted, 1 received, 0% packet loss, time 0ms

rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 234.073/234.073/234.073/0.000 ms

admin@ncs(config-device-ASR9K-gavas)# sync-from

result true

admin@ncs(config-device-ASR9K-gavas)# drned-xmnr state record-state format xml state-name vrf-testcase11-bundle6

success Recorded states ['vrf-testcase11-bundle6']

admin@ncs(config-device-ASR9K-gavas)# drned-xmnr state list-states                                             

success Saved device states: ['vrf-testcase11-bundle', 'vrf-testcase11-bundle2', 'vrf-testcase11-bundle5', 'vrf-testcase11-bundle6']

admin@ncs(config-device-ASR9K-gavas)# drned-xmnr transitions transition-to-state state-name vrf-testcase11-bundle6

failure PyTest not installed or DrNED running directory (/root/nso-4.7/nc/xmnr/ASR9K-gavas/test/drned-skeleton) not set up

Please help me in clearing this issue.

2 Replies 2

joepak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you provide the show packages package oper-status output?

Only thing I can think of relating to skeleton not being setup is the following:

ncs-make-package --service-skeleton python <package-name>

But I'm not entirely sure if it's related.

Or you are missing a python package called PyTest? Could you check the correlating ncs-java-vm/nso/devel.log files to see if it expands on the error?

mvolf
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Most likely the problem is caused by what the error message says - you need to have pytest installed (can be installed by running pip install pytest in the system shell); and you need to set up the XMNR directories - run drned-xmnr setup setup-xmnr in the device mode. The latter prepares also the drned skeleton mentioned in the message, this has nothing to do with a package skeletons.

Let me know if it does not help.