Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Examples of how to use customer-service option

Hi,

I've been trying to find documentation for 'customer-service' option that links services to customers.

Any pointer to docs, use-case examples or anything usable?

Thanks,

Regards,

Johnny Karms Pedersen

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So, that model is decribed in tailf-ncs-services.yang that tailf-ncs-customers.yang you can find in your distribution. It is a way of linking customers to resource facing services and is based on a TMForum standard. It is essentially a way of organizing your data in a structured way. 

Here is an example based on 17-mpls-vpn-python. I have a single l3vpn instance named volvo, I can then do:

admin@ncs% set customers customer volvo status active

[ok][2019-02-13 14:18:53]

admin@ncs% set services customer-service volvovpn customer volvo reference "Contract ABC123" service /vpn/l3vpn[name=volvo]

[ok][2019-02-13 14:20:23]

You can then get a summary of the services the customer has:

admin@ncs> show customers

CUSTOMER      

ID     SERVICE       

---------------------

volvo  [ volvovpn ] 

[ok][2019-02-13 14:22:59]

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Johnny

I am slightly uncertain what it is you are looking for. NSO doesn't have an explicit customer concept with dedicated functionality - but it is fairly straight forward to just implement a customer list.

Hi,

Basically I've been looking for some way to link a customer to an instance of a service - so when the Customer is deleted all linked services are likewise. I've been looking at this command - show below - in the NCS CLI, but haven't been able to find any documentation on how to use it and if it achieves what I'm trying to do.

ncs(config)# services customer-service [Customer facing service] customer [customer id] service [The resource facing service]

/Johnny

So, that model is decribed in tailf-ncs-services.yang that tailf-ncs-customers.yang you can find in your distribution. It is a way of linking customers to resource facing services and is based on a TMForum standard. It is essentially a way of organizing your data in a structured way. 

Here is an example based on 17-mpls-vpn-python. I have a single l3vpn instance named volvo, I can then do:

admin@ncs% set customers customer volvo status active

[ok][2019-02-13 14:18:53]

admin@ncs% set services customer-service volvovpn customer volvo reference "Contract ABC123" service /vpn/l3vpn[name=volvo]

[ok][2019-02-13 14:20:23]

You can then get a summary of the services the customer has:

admin@ncs> show customers

CUSTOMER      

ID     SERVICE       

---------------------

volvo  [ volvovpn ] 

[ok][2019-02-13 14:22:59]

I've got an issues with this, may You give me some hint? There are existing "vpn-def" and "l3-vpn" service instances called "GRX_TI" and "GRX_TI-NNI-A" appropriately. I've created - according to Your example - customer "Telekom_Italia" and linked above services to this customer:

set customers customer Telekom_Italia status active
set services customer-service GRX-TI customer Telekom_Italia reference "GRX services TI" service /services/vpn-def[name=GRX_TI]
set services customer-service GRX-TI customer Telekom_Italia reference "GRX services TI" service /services/l3-vpn[name=GRX_TI-NNI-A]
darek@ncs% commit dry-run 
cli {
    local-node {
        data  services {
             +    customer-service GRX-TI {
             +        reference "GRX services TI";
             +        customer Telekom_Italia;
             +        service /services/vpn-def:vpn-def[name='GRX_TI'];
             +        service /services/l3-vpn:l3-vpn[name='GRX_TI-NNI-A'];
             +    }
              }
              customers {
             +    customer Telekom_Italia {
             +        status active;
             +    }
              }
    }
}

But then after commit above CFS is not linked to this customer...

darek@ncs% run show customers 
                CUSTOMER  
ID              SERVICE   
--------------------------
Telekom_Italia  -         

Where did I make mistake?