cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How does NSO guarantee high-availability?

tail-f_expert
Level 7
Level 7

How does NSO guarantee high-availability?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tail-f_expert
Level 7
Level 7

NSO can be configured to run in HA mode: one master and several slaves. All slaves are updated at every transactional border. The slaves can be used for reading data. The slaves are hot-standby and a fail-over to a slave can be made at any time. In the clustered solution described above, each cluster node is typically a HA configuration.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

tail-f_expert
Level 7
Level 7

NSO can be configured to run in HA mode: one master and several slaves. All slaves are updated at every transactional border. The slaves can be used for reading data. The slaves are hot-standby and a fail-over to a slave can be made at any time. In the clustered solution described above, each cluster node is typically a HA configuration.

Is there any documentation that provides instruction on how to configure the Master and Slaves on separate servers?

I can follow the provided 'manual-ha' in the examples, but have not figured out how to configure the Master and Slave on separate servers.

As far as I can tell there's nothing in the example that suggests that you should or depends on that you run both instances on the same host. On the contrary, the normal use case here would be to run on separate servers.

In what way is the trouble you see manifesting itself? If you have trouble with this (very simple, not very useful) HA setup, maybe you could try some other, e.g. the HCC package?

Hi,

I took your advice and started testing tailf-hcc package.

I still do not have success and have tried multiple configurations.

I have a tac case opened.  I sent them all my logs and configuration files.

Maybe they can see why master won't connect to the slave.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: