Views
Helpful
Replies

huawei-ned external error

netops044
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying  to connect a Huawei-switch using huawei-vrp ned. 

devices device Huawei_xx.xx.xx.xx
address xx.xx.xx.xx
authgroup 013217
device-type cli ned-id huawei-vrp
device-type cli protocol telnet
state admin-state unlocked
config
vrp:sysname HUAWEI
no vrp:dcn
no ios:service pad
no ios:ip domain-lookup
no ios:ip http secure-server
ios:ip source-route
!
!

But when I try to connect I get the following error:

admin@ncs(config-device-Huawei_xx.xx.xx.xx)# connect
result false
info Failed to connect to device Huawei_xx.xx.xx.xx: connection refused: ned_external_error Read timed out

In devel.log:

I see the following logs:

<DEBUG> 2-Apr-2019::19:00:55.596 ubans-virtual-machine ncs[21669]: ncs device Huawei_xx.xx.xx.xx: connect: send NED connect
<DEBUG> 2-Apr-2019::19:00:55.600 ubans-virtual-machine ncs[21669]: devel-cdb connect from Cdb-ResourceManaged-203
<DEBUG> 2-Apr-2019::19:00:55.601 ubans-virtual-machine ncs[21669]: devel-cdb new session on operational for Cdb-ResourceManaged-20
<DEBUG> 2-Apr-2019::19:01:17.333 ubans-virtual-machine ncs[21669]: devel-cdb end session on operational for Cdb-ResourceManaged-20
<DEBUG> 2-Apr-2019::19:01:17.334 ubans-virtual-machine ncs[21669]: devel-cdb inactive client Cdb-ResourceManaged-203 closed
<INFO> 2-Apr-2019::19:01:17.335 ubans-virtual-machine ncs[21669]: ncs device Huawei_xx.xx.xx.xx: connect: device connect error

I am able to telnet the device from the shell. Is it a ned issue or I am missing some configuration??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

joepak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Telnet/ssh works from shell, correct?

I agree that you should enable device trace to raw format and attempt to connect.  You can enable verbose logging of the devel by editing the ncs.conf to <trace> instead of info.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
This is a timeout – probably not a NED issue but you never know. Make sure the port is set correctly and if needed turn on the device traces and look what happens in that. (set devices global-settings trace).

joepak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Telnet/ssh works from shell, correct?

I agree that you should enable device trace to raw format and attempt to connect.  You can enable verbose logging of the devel by editing the ncs.conf to <trace> instead of info.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: