cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS-XR specific command support.

jmattres
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi.  I have a customer running NSO v5.3.3 with NED cisco-isoxr-cli-7.3.3.   They've found that support is missing for:

mpls traffic-eng

pce

stateful-client

timers redelegation-timeout <num>

timers state-timeout <num>

I've checked an internal release page for subsequent release info CHANGES, but do not see support for this.  I did see a v7.3.6 bin just release on 1Oct, but there is no CHANGE info included yet.

Is there a better way to find support for particular NED commands without searching the CHANGE history?  Kind of like a NED Command Reference?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

KJ Rossavik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I see the IOS XR CLI NED is currently at v 7.36.2. Please check the latest version.

Otherwise, you can raise a request for these features as per the NED feature request process that is posted here on the Developer Hub

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

tcragg1
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The simplest method may be to look at the YANG source file for the NED. If you look at the src/yang/tailf-ned-cisco-ios-xr.yang file, there are comments throughout the file that show what CLI configuration command each part of the NED source corresponds to, e.g. "// mpls traffic-eng / auto-tunnel mesh / group * / onehop". Whether the command you are looking for exists as a comment like this should tell you whether or not it is supported in the NED.

Thanks Tim! Other than actually loading up this NCS version to check the YANG source file, is there a way to see released versions other than this internal site: https://earth.tail-f.com:8443 Seems I should be able to go to some documentation, release notes, or something similar to determine this. Sure do appreciate it. This same customer is also wanting info regarding a “secrets” feature in NSO for passwords. Secrets asks for clear text and then encrypts it into NSO CDB so there are no clear passwords in the database. So I’m looking for a reference to that as well.

I'm not aware of another way to see all released versions.

Regarding the secrets feature, there was a developer article on this forum recently that may answer that question for you and your customer depending on exactly what you need to know: https://community.cisco.com/t5/nso-developer-hub-blogs/securing-your-secrets-with-the-cli-neds/ba-p/4473467

KJ Rossavik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I see the IOS XR CLI NED is currently at v 7.36.2. Please check the latest version.

Otherwise, you can raise a request for these features as per the NED feature request process that is posted here on the Developer Hub

Opening a SR with NSO TAC is the first step to requesting NED enhancement. NSO TAC will then analyze the trace file recreate the issue with latest NED and then open a RT (ticket) with the NED BU.
NED BU will then analyze the RT and then take necessary actions.
Please navigate to URL https://cisco.sharepoint.com/Sites/NSOFieldPortal(CiscoInternal) on this page under “Network element drivers” you will see "NED Support Process", please click on this URL.
Slide 5 and slide 8 documents the NED enhancement request process.
Trace file from a real device is a mandatory requirement when requesting a NED enhancement.
Please note all URL's in this email are cisco internal only.

rogaglia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The best way is to load the latest version and try "load native" with your target commands.