cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there any way we can change the order of traversal for leafs for get_elem function?

amtanwar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Is there any way we can change the order of traversal for leafs for get_elem function?

For e.g. We have transform callpoint for "test_entry".
If we call "get" on "test_entry",  it fetches val1 and val2 before valuelist,
Is there any way I can fetch valuelist before val1/val2?

module: sample-module
    +--ro sample_container
        +--ro test_entry* [instanceKey]
            +--ro instanceKey	                instance-identifier
            +--ro val1                          string
            +--ro val2                          string
            +--ro valuelist* [type]
                   +--ro type                string
                   +--ro message             string

Thanks,
Aman

3 Replies 3

mvolf
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only way to change the order of callback invocations is to change the data model. But if you cannot do that and you need to deal with valuelist no later than with other nodes, there are options like delayed response, bulk methods or stateful data providers; I can imagine that some combination of these can help with that.

Thanks a lot for the reply. 
From which portion on development guide (OR other doc) can I get more info on delayed response and bulk methods ?

Most of the relevant info is in manual pages, in particular confd_lib_dp. You should be able to get hold of a ConfD distribution (a product in many aspects very similar or identical to NSO; a restricted version "ConfD Basic" can be obtained from Tail-f pages), it contains examples of how this API is supposed to be used.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: