Views
Helpful
Replies

Kicker to monitor connected devices

tomas.kubina
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

is there any way how to create a kicker that will monitor connected devices and trigger action once a new device is connected, or there is a change in list of connected devices? I tried to monitor node /devices/session_pool/pooled_device, but kicker is not accepting this xpath.

Thank you

1 Reply 1

Jan Lindblad
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tomaš,

As mentioned in another channel, I'm not so sure triggering off session-pool changes will work for all devices or all the time, but it may just work for the use case you are looking for.

When it comes to reasons for the xpath not being correct, I can see a couple of potential things:
1) The path needs to use dash (-) instead of underscore (_). You can check in the YANG model to see the the correct spelling of every item on the path. Or just use the NSO CLI to find out.
2) You should use namespace qualified names in the path (even though NSO often guesses correctly which namespace you have in mind if you don't)
3) I think it may be wise to point to (one of) the key(s) of the list in order to trigger on additions and removals only

So this is the path I think you need (but I have not tested this myself):
/ncs:devices/ncs:session-pool/ncs:pooled-device/ncs:device

I hope this makes sense (and that I got it right, I have not tested it

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: