cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

load-native-config results in "not implemented" error

allenc
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying out the new load-native-config command under NSO 5.1.1. When I try it, I get errors like this:

admin@ncs(config)# devices device ios0 load-native-config data "hostname asd"
Error: External error in the NED implementation for device ios0: not implemented

admin@ncs(config)# devices device dell0 load-native-config file test.ftos mode replace verbose
Error: External error in the NED implementation for device dell0: not implemented

ios0 and dell0 are both netsims. ios0 was created with the sample cisco-ios-cli-3.8 NED that came with NSO 5.1.1. dell0 was created with the new Dell FTOS NED.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

-Allen

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gmuloche
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello the NED that comes as example are quite old - if you look at the CHANGES.txt for cisco-ios-cli-3.8

1 cisco-ios v3.8.0 [March 16, 2015]
  2 =================================
  4 Enhancements:
  6   - Support for NCS-3.4.

The support for cisco-ios NED for load-native config was added later:

393 cisco-ios v6.20.3 [2019-04-05]
  394 ==============================
  403   - Added support for NSO 5.1 config CLI command 'load-native-config' which
  404      can be used to load and convert device config into ncs_cli config mode:
  405      admin@ncs(config)# devices device <device> load-native-config data|file
  406     Note: Even with netsim the data is parsed as it was in native IOS format.
  407     (CISCOIOS-1360)

I assume it is the same explanation for the Dell NED.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

gmuloche
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello the NED that comes as example are quite old - if you look at the CHANGES.txt for cisco-ios-cli-3.8

1 cisco-ios v3.8.0 [March 16, 2015]
  2 =================================
  4 Enhancements:
  6   - Support for NCS-3.4.

The support for cisco-ios NED for load-native config was added later:

393 cisco-ios v6.20.3 [2019-04-05]
  394 ==============================
  403   - Added support for NSO 5.1 config CLI command 'load-native-config' which
  404      can be used to load and convert device config into ncs_cli config mode:
  405      admin@ncs(config)# devices device <device> load-native-config data|file
  406     Note: Even with netsim the data is parsed as it was in native IOS format.
  407     (CISCOIOS-1360)

I assume it is the same explanation for the Dell NED.

Thanks for the reply.  I didn't know that additional work had to be done to add support for load-native-config.  The Dell NED is brand new, but they probably didn't add support for it, either.  I'll open a TAC case to request it.

-Allen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: