Views
Helpful
Replies

NED issues when trying to commit configs to devices

kerim mohammed
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

my service pack compiles error free and also commit dry-run output looks good (portion of output shown). However, I keep on facing the below issue on cisco-nx devices when trying to commit changes to the devices. any suggestion?

+ }
+ spinename SPINE02;
+ spine_as 10;
+ spine_interf 1/5;
+ spine_interf_ip {
+ ip 10.10.3.0;
+ prefix 31;
+ }
+ }
+ }
+ leaf_sw LEAF02 {
+ leaf_as 20;
+ router_id 10.10.10.6;
+ uplink 1 {
+ leaf_interf 1/2;
+ leaf_interf_ip {
+ ip 10.10.2.1;
+ prefix 31;
+ }
+ spinename SPINE01;
+ spine_as 10;
+ spine_interf 1/4;
+ spine_interf_ip {
+ ip 10.10.2.0;
+ prefix 31;
+ }
+ }
+ }
+ }
}
}
}
admin@ncs(config)# commit
Aborted: External error in the NED implementation for device SPINE02: command: update-source 1/5:
^
Invalid interface format at '^' marker.
admin@ncs(config)#

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yfherzog
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It appears as one of the commands that your service is generating is not supported on the device at the exact specific form which your service is generating.

This commands seems to be "update-source 1/5".

I'd suggest you do a 'commit dry-run outformat native' before you do commit and find this command in the output.

It might be that the content is not what you were expecting the service to generate (is there supposed to be an interface name or something similar on this command? Is it there?).

You can try to log into the device manually and configure the commands in the same way that your service is trying to, and see if you're able to do so.

You can also enable NED traces to see the sequence of commands that the NED is trying to do and where it fails (in config mode 'devices global-settings trace raw' and commit and check the logs directory for NED trace files).

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

yfherzog
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It appears as one of the commands that your service is generating is not supported on the device at the exact specific form which your service is generating.

This commands seems to be "update-source 1/5".

I'd suggest you do a 'commit dry-run outformat native' before you do commit and find this command in the output.

It might be that the content is not what you were expecting the service to generate (is there supposed to be an interface name or something similar on this command? Is it there?).

You can try to log into the device manually and configure the commands in the same way that your service is trying to, and see if you're able to do so.

You can also enable NED traces to see the sequence of commands that the NED is trying to do and where it fails (in config mode 'devices global-settings trace raw' and commit and check the logs directory for NED trace files).

like you mentioned I forgot the key word Ethernet before the interface name on my template. It is working fine now.

thanks,

Kerim