Views
Helpful
Replies

NED / Package install

Hi all,

I have NSO 4.7.2.1 installed on RHEL 7.5 as a system install

i want to install NED cisco-nx-5.7.6

i extracted the tar file in to $NCS_DIR/packages/neds/

after some playing around with path parameters i managed to build the ned with some random warning - see below

[root@localhost:/opt/ncs/current]# make -e clean all -C $NCS_DIR/packages/neds/cisco-nx/src | grep "BUILD"
BUILD SUCCESSFUL
tmp-yang/tailf-ned-cisco-nx.yang:3123: warning: the path expression ../hsrp-list for 'tailf:cli-diff-dependency' is a circular dependency
tmp-yang/tailf-ned-cisco-nx.yang:3123: warning: the path expression ../hsrp-list for 'tailf:cli-diff-dependency' is a circular dependency
tmp-yang/tailf-ned-cisco-nx.yang:9422: warning: the path expression ../ipv6-route-vrf-list for 'tailf:cli-diff-dependency' is a circular dependency
tmp-yang/tailf-ned-cisco-nx.yang:9422: warning: the path expression ../ipv6-route-vrf-list for 'tailf:cli-diff-dependency' is a circular dependency
tmp-yang/tailf-ned-cisco-nx.yang:22540: warning: when tailf:cli-drop-node-name is given, it is recommended that tailf:cli-suppress-mode is used in combination. using tailf:cli-drop-nodename in a list child without using tailf:cli-suppress-mode on the list, might lead to confusing behaviour, where the user enters the submode without being able to give further configuration.
augmented/tailf-ned-cisco-nx@2018-11-23.yang:18316: warning: when tailf:cli-sequence-commands is given, it is recommended that tailf:cli-compact-syntax is used in combination. or that tailf:cli-hide-in-submode is given in at least one of the child nodes
augmented/tailf-ned-cisco-nx@2018-11-23.yang:18348: warning: when tailf:cli-sequence-commands is given, it is recommended that tailf:cli-compact-syntax is used in combination. or that tailf:cli-hide-in-submode is given in at least one of the child nodes
augmented/tailf-ned-cisco-nx@2018-11-23.yang:40109: warning: when tailf:cli-drop-node-name is given, it is recommended that tailf:cli-suppress-mode is used in combination. using tailf:cli-drop-nodename in a list child without using tailf:cli-suppress-mode on the list, might lead to confusing behaviour, where the user enters the submode without being able to give further configuration.
BUILD SUCCESSFUL
tailf-ned-cisco-nx.yang:3123: warning: the path expression ../hsrp-list for 'tailf:cli-diff-dependency' is a circular dependency
tailf-ned-cisco-nx.yang:3123: warning: the path expression ../hsrp-list for 'tailf:cli-diff-dependency' is a circular dependency
tailf-ned-cisco-nx.yang:9420: warning: the path expression ../ipv6-route-vrf-list for 'tailf:cli-diff-dependency' is a circular dependency
tailf-ned-cisco-nx.yang:9420: warning: the path expression ../ipv6-route-vrf-list for 'tailf:cli-diff-dependency' is a circular dependency
[root@localhost:/opt/ncs/current]#

How ever when i go in to the CLI and try reload packages there is nothing ......

admin@ncs# packages reload
admin@ncs# show packages
% No entries found.
admin@ncs#

Where and what am i doing wrong 

Thanks

Regards

Yale

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Have the packages located directly inside the 'packages' directory (no 'neds' sub-directory)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

yfherzog
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Most probably the package is not located under the (correct) packages directory.

In system install with default directories locations, your packages directory is under: /var/opt/ncs/packages (not /opt/ncs/packages for example).

BTW, in most cases, you don't need to recompile the NED.

[root@localhost:/var/opt/ncs/packages]# mkdir neds [root@localhost:/var/opt/ncs/packages]# cd neds [root@localhost:/var/opt/ncs/packages/neds]# sudo ln -s /opt/ncs/current/packages/neds/cisco-nx cisco-nx [root@localhost:/var/opt/ncs/packages/neds]# ls cisco-nx [root@localhost:/var/opt/ncs/packages/neds]# exit exit [admin@localhost:/var/opt]$ ncs_cli -C -u admin admin connected from 10.122.68.253 using ssh on localhost.localdomain admin@ncs# packages reload admin@ncs# show packages % No entries found. admin@ncs# no luck :(

Have the packages located directly inside the 'packages' directory (no 'neds' sub-directory)

nisheeth
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am Nisheeth and new to NSO

The content of this ticket matches to my problem and I follow3d with remedy and it didnt work

As per the thread i copied one ned directory to packages & compiled them still i dont see the packages in the ncs_cli -C -u admin

ubuntu@nsovm:~/ncs-6.1$ ll packages
total 36
drwxr-xr-x 2 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Apr 14 09:36 tools
drwxr-xr-x 2 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Apr 14 09:36 services
drwxr-xr-x 12 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Apr 14 09:36 neds
drwxr-xr-x 6 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Apr 14 09:36 lsa
drwxr-xr-x 7 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Apr 14 09:36 cisco-ios-cli-3.0
drwxr-xr-x 3 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Apr 14 09:36 auth
drwxrwxr-x 17 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Oct 4 15:53 ..
drwxr-xr-x 9 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Oct 4 20:22 .
drwxr-xr-x 8 ubuntu ubuntu 4096 Oct 4 20:23 cisco-nx-cli-3.0
ubuntu@nsovm:~/ncs-6.1$

~/ncs-6.1$ make -e clean all -C $NCS_DIR/packages/cisco-nx-cli-3.0/src|grep -i build

ubuntu@nsovm:~/ncs-6.1$ ncs_cli -C -u admin

User admin last logged in 2023-10-04T20:24:10.852985+00:00, to nsovm, from 192.168.50.7 using cli-ssh
admin connected from 192.168.50.7 using ssh on nsovm
admin@ncs# show packages
% No entries found.
admin@ncs# packages reload
admin@ncs# show packages
% No entries found.
admin@ncs#

Need your guidance as what could be the problem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: