Views
Helpful
Replies

Netsim directory not present in NETCONF NED

PatrickPec78
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I succeed to generate a NED for my netconf device with the Netconf NED builder (https://info.tail-f.com/hubfs/Whitepapers/Tail-f%20NSO%20interop%20User%20Guide%20V2%20Rev%20H%202019-11-20.pdf), and everything is fine until I notice that there is no netsim directory inside the NED package.

I want to use Netsim in order to work with my real device and some others virtual devices because I only have 1 router of this type.

Do you know how to generate a netsim directory for my NED ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
If you use make-development-ned instead of build-ned, you should get a netconf directory. (At least, that works for me.)

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
If you use make-development-ned instead of build-ned, you should get a netconf directory. (At least, that works for me.)

Hi vleijon,

The command make-development-ned create a package with a netsim directory, that's great !

But it does not build it and I don't know exactly how to do it.

There is a Makefile in the src directory but there is many errors at the compilation, where build-ned show no errors.

Is there a command in NSO to build this package or do I need to debug all the yang file by myself and use the Makefile ?

No, the makefile in the src directory ought to work, I am quite surprised if the automatic build works but not the manual one because they should use the same procedure.

Yes, when try to compile manually, I have many warnings like this :
warning: The 'must' expression should have a tailf:dependency. If is doesn't, it will be checked for every commit.

Warning: the following symbols have been suppressed due to a conflict with an enum or bit with the same mapped name but a different value: 'consoleCommand', 'externalCallControlAgent', 'externalNmsApp', 'externalRadiusServer', 'internalCallControlApp'.

At the end, I got this :

Makefile:51: recipe for target 'ncsc-out/.done' failed
make: *** [ncsc-out/.done] Error 1

And when I tried to add it to NSO  with packages reload after the compilation, I have this error for many files :

.class file for com/example/IR1101/namespaces/BRIDGEMIB.java has not been found

Those warnings can be ignored for testing purposes, but can cause performance penalties in the long run. You can try removing the –fail-on-warnings flag from the Makefile, that may help you get by that.

Thank you, it worked !
I still needed to install ant in order to finish the build and everything was fine after.

hi,

The Makefile by default does not run in verbose mode. If you run the compiler in verbose mode, you will get more info on what is failing:

Try to run this command in your NED "src" folder:

ncsc --verbose --ncs-device-dir ncsc-out --ncs-device-type netconf --yangpath yang/ --ncs-compile-bundle yang --ncs-ned-id test:test

Regards,

Roque

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: