cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NSO build upgrade - local-install

kbarve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am trying to automate the NSO build upgrade procedure for local-install mode.

I referred the NSO installation and admin guide and have gone through the NCT commands. I have learnt that NCT commands are mainly used for system-install.

After referring to the upgrade procedure mentioned in admin guide, i tried replacing the nct-install/upgrade commands to corresponding nct ssh-cmd commands.

The query that i have is:

As part of upgrade procedure, i install the new version and source the new ncsrc and run new ncs binary.

I am NOT re-creating ncs-run directory (assuming there is no NED/package change). Is this correct?

I am slightly confused regarding the ncs.conf.. do we have to change it? any other files under ncs-run.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jan Lindblad
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you don't want to make a new run directory. Your run directory contains your application environment, database and everything you care deeply about. If you want this environment to live on, keep it.

ncs.conf typically needs no change, but it is certainly possible that you would want to change some setting as part of the upgrade. If so, you can do that.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jan Lindblad
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you don't want to make a new run directory. Your run directory contains your application environment, database and everything you care deeply about. If you want this environment to live on, keep it.

ncs.conf typically needs no change, but it is certainly possible that you would want to change some setting as part of the upgrade. If so, you can do that.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: