cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NSO standby server license activation

ryan-hitch
Level 4
Level 4

I am getting ready to activate an NSO standby server and am curious about the order of operations here. The Smart licensing account has two licenses added:

NSO-platform-production

NSO-platform-production-standby

A license is already consumed by NSO-platform-production.

How will the Smart licensing server tell that I am activating a standby server when I activate the secondary.

Also, the smart-license NSO vm seems to fail to start when I have "ha" enabled in ncs.conf on the secondary server.

"show smart-license smart-agent start-status" shows as stopped, when "ha" is enabled in ncs.conf of the secondary server. Not sure why that is the case, and I am hesitant to add the license without this in the configuration without being sure what the criteria is for the licensing server to tell that the server being added is a standby server.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ryan-hitch
Level 4
Level 4

I learned two things here regarding Cisco Smart Licensing <shudder>:

- the Smart Licensing service only appears to run on a "master" NSO server

- Activating Smart Licensing is not required on slave servers

Once the slave server is talking to the master, the following commands shows that the master starts to consume a NSO-platform-production-standby" license

request smart-license show all

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

ryan-hitch
Level 4
Level 4

I learned two things here regarding Cisco Smart Licensing <shudder>:

- the Smart Licensing service only appears to run on a "master" NSO server

- Activating Smart Licensing is not required on slave servers

Once the slave server is talking to the master, the following commands shows that the master starts to consume a NSO-platform-production-standby" license

request smart-license show all

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: