cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pushing Day1 configuration without writing service

akaliwod@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, is it possible to push Day1 configuration when deployment is created using VNFD/VNF-Info? So far, I have been always doing service development for Day1 configuration however it is quite time consuming for demo preparations...

Thanks

Kali

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you can implement a template only service. Please see the example collection in NSO.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

frjansso
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Short answer is no.

Long answer is no-ish.

We don't have any way of attaching configuration to a future VNF, what I mean is that there is no way of telling NFVO that when device X comes up, please apply config Y.

The way we solve it is by kickers, i.e. the NB user (with user here I mean who or what created the NS/VNF instances) has to setup a kicker to react on the VM(s) coming alive. Typically you'll configure the kicker to redeploy a service, but you could point to any action in the kicker, and that action could set config.

Thank you Fredrik,

Let me rephrase my question a bit. Is it possible to push day1 config without the need of writing python/java code for service implementation?

If yes, would you have an example to share?

Yes, you can implement a template only service. Please see the example collection in NSO.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: