cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pushing Day1 configuration without writing service

akaliwod@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, is it possible to push Day1 configuration when deployment is created using VNFD/VNF-Info? So far, I have been always doing service development for Day1 configuration however it is quite time consuming for demo preparations...

Thanks

Kali

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you can implement a template only service. Please see the example collection in NSO.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

frjansso
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Short answer is no.

Long answer is no-ish.

We don't have any way of attaching configuration to a future VNF, what I mean is that there is no way of telling NFVO that when device X comes up, please apply config Y.

The way we solve it is by kickers, i.e. the NB user (with user here I mean who or what created the NS/VNF instances) has to setup a kicker to react on the VM(s) coming alive. Typically you'll configure the kicker to redeploy a service, but you could point to any action in the kicker, and that action could set config.

Thank you Fredrik,

Let me rephrase my question a bit. Is it possible to push day1 config without the need of writing python/java code for service implementation?

If yes, would you have an example to share?

Yes, you can implement a template only service. Please see the example collection in NSO.