Views
Helpful
Replies

Re-deploy Reconcile in one NSO Transaction

Goodmon
Level 1
Level 1

Hey All, 
Currently having a problem on NSO 5.3.2.3. 

I am trying to build a reconcile action that can go into a brownfields network device, populate some service data and then take ownership of the configuration on the device. 

I have managed to achieve this, using Maapi and templates in my NSO code to stamp service data templates, using a similar method to this :

ConfPath confPath = new ConfPath("/gm:network/networkshaper/ShaperData:ShaperData{%s}", uID);
        //apply Template
        createTemplate.apply(maapi, myActionTrans, confPath, createVariables);

Then, calling an API to go and re-deploy reconcile (keeping non service config) from an external python script. I have decided now that I want to do the redeploy reconcile within NSO, and understand that it might be possible using Maapi.

I have tried to emulate the way my API call was working here : 

maapi.requestAction(new ConfXMLParam[0], "/gm:network/networkshaper/ShaperData:ShaperData/{"+deviceName+"}/re-deploy");

However I keep getting the error of "DpCallbackException: Not able to parse" the above line. 
Any suggestions or examples would be fantastic. 

Regards,
John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to add action parameters. This is slightly complicated in Navu so take a look at examples.ncs/getting-started/developing-with-ncs/2-actions for a full example of how to do it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Goodmon
Level 1
Level 1

Quick update. 

Have modified to use a NavuAction, and can now successfully re-deploy services. Now the question becomes how to reconcile them?

no child action node "re-deploy reconcile" 
 possible children : 

NavuAction: "check-sync"
  NavuAction: "deep-check-sync"
  NavuAction: "re-deploy"
  NavuAction: "reactive-re-deploy"
  NavuAction: "touch"
  NavuAction: "get-modifications"
  NavuAction: "un-deploy"

Again, any help or suggestions greatly appreciated. 

Regards,
John

You need to add action parameters. This is slightly complicated in Navu so take a look at examples.ncs/getting-started/developing-with-ncs/2-actions for a full example of how to do it.

Hi there, 

Thank you for your reply. I looked around and found some examples as per your suggestion, and have managed to do it using MAAPI. 

I added the following Params to my maapi transaction 

ConfXMLParam[] params = new ConfXMLParam[3];
    params[0] = new ConfXMLParamStart(nsPrefix, "reconcile");
    params[1] = new ConfXMLParamLeaf(nsPrefix, "keep-non-service-config");
    params[2] = new ConfXMLParamStop(nsPrefix, "reconcile");

And that has worked. Now I would like to add the ability to use No-networking, but it doesn't appear in tailf-ncs-services.yang under the re-deploy command. How would be the best way to approach this requirement?

Simply adding another ConfParam was the solution. Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: