cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Re-ip of NSO server aka change NSO ip address

RichardD2
Level 1
Level 1

I may have to 'move' my NSO server to another subnet. Are there any implications to changing the ip of the NSO server itself?

I'd obviously have to shut down NSO services first, but are there any gotcha's I may have missed?

thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lightfep1
Level 1
Level 1

The first and biggest thing that comes to mind is access to the devices. If you use ACL's to control access to the devices, need to make sure that is updated. Also there are a few spots in the /etc/ncs/ncs.conf file that could have IP addresses set, need to check and update. The third thing is if you are using HA you will need to adjust the configs on that as well. If you can set up a server and test prior to jumping over depending on the version you are using. Also might be a good time to upgrade NSO. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

lightfep1
Level 1
Level 1

The first and biggest thing that comes to mind is access to the devices. If you use ACL's to control access to the devices, need to make sure that is updated. Also there are a few spots in the /etc/ncs/ncs.conf file that could have IP addresses set, need to check and update. The third thing is if you are using HA you will need to adjust the configs on that as well. If you can set up a server and test prior to jumping over depending on the version you are using. Also might be a good time to upgrade NSO.