Views
Helpful
Replies

resource-manager for production

erdemk
Level 1
Level 1

Dear NSO community,

I am seeking some advice on the resource-manager package.

There is resource-manager package ( together with id-allocator and ipaddress-allocator ) in examples in free distribution of NSO. It is stated that this is not for production use. 

I see, there has been some discussion threads in this community regarding different versions of resource manager.

Is production version of resource-manager and associated helpers available for customers ..  freely or by a licence.. 

Perhaps, we can also write our own version based on the one in examples..

I would be grateful if someone could give some information/advice regarding "write your own resource-manager ( short-comings of the available resource-manager in examples)" vs "getting/buying resource-manager from Cisco".

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks and regards. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rogaglia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Resource manager is available for customers to download via CCO. No need for an additional license.

One observation is that the package is not available for downloading in all the NSO versions menues. You only need the one from the major release you are targetting: 5.4 should work with any 5.4.X version of NSO.

Screenshot 2020-07-06 at 13.59.49.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

rogaglia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Resource manager is available for customers to download via CCO. No need for an additional license.

One observation is that the package is not available for downloading in all the NSO versions menues. You only need the one from the major release you are targetting: 5.4 should work with any 5.4.X version of NSO.

Screenshot 2020-07-06 at 13.59.49.png

Thanks Roque
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: