Views
Helpful
Replies

result false info internal error

previousqna
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I have a JunOS device which I cannot connect to. I had just added it and succesfully fetched the host keys for SSH, then ran into a few problems connecting from NSO via SSH ("...Subsystem not supported..." and Authentication problems). I played around with the SSH settings on the JunOS (set SSH v1 and activated root-authentication and created appropriate user mapping in NSO). I had then connected successfully once to the device and went for lunch. When I got back and tried to connect again I got the error

Unfortunately the error message doesnt give much information on what happens:

From the ncs_cli I try to connect and get this:

admin@ncs# devices device JunOS connect

result false

info internal error

admin@ncs#

From the WebUI I get pretty much the same. See attached screenshot.

I am using the following NED for Juniper: juniper-junos version: 3.0.27

I tried to have a look in the logs, but there isnt really much more info to be found there either (I checked ncs.log to no avail but found sth. in devel.log, where I can see my attempts to connect, but not much more info on what is causing the error). Here is a short excerpt from the log (I think it is from one of the connect attempt via the webUI):

<INFO> 11-Oct-2016::15:20:19.828 osboxes ncs[2122]: ncs failed to connect to JunOS: noconnection

<DEBUG> 11-Oct-2016::15:20:19.830 osboxes ncs[2122]: devel webui_appmod_jsonrpc

REQUEST sessST6hiwA2gZo447egesudbA==: {"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":69,"method":"run_action","params":{"th":1,"path":"/ncs:devices/device{\"JunOS\"}/connect"}}

RESPONSE sessST6hiwA2gZo447egesudbA==: {"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":[{"name":"result","value":"false"},{"name":"info","value":"internal error"}],"id":69}

Any idea what could cause this error and how to go about resolving it?

P.S.: I tried restarting ncs completely which didn't help.

Attached file: https://communities.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/231916-129797/image.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

previousqna
Level 5
Level 5

OK...I set the SSH version back to v2 (default) on the JunOS. The I kept getting "info Failed to authenticate towards device JunOS: SSH subsystem not supported".

I needed to activate the SSH Subsystem by entering the following commands in JunOS cli:

configure

edit system services

set netconf ssh

set ssh

Now I managed to connect again. Still not sure what happened during my lunch break as I believe I had connected succesfully once. anyway, now it seems to work.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

previousqna
Level 5
Level 5

OK...I set the SSH version back to v2 (default) on the JunOS. The I kept getting "info Failed to authenticate towards device JunOS: SSH subsystem not supported".

I needed to activate the SSH Subsystem by entering the following commands in JunOS cli:

configure

edit system services

set netconf ssh

set ssh

Now I managed to connect again. Still not sure what happened during my lunch break as I believe I had connected succesfully once. anyway, now it seems to work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: