sync from return false

eee1
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi All,

I am running 

user@ncs# devices device vewlc-tre sync-from

result false
info vewlc-tre: missing element: profile-name in /ncs:devices/ncs:device[ncs:name='vewlc-tre']/ncs:config/wireless-wlan-cfg:wlan-cfg-data/wireless-wlan-cfg:wlan-cfg-entries/wireless-wlan-cfg:wlan-cfg-entry

Does anybody knows how to fix it? 

I have also tried to remove the wlan module:

devices device vewlc-tre pioneer yang enable name-pattern  Cisco-IOS-XE-wireless-wlan-cfg*

But I still get the same.

Thanks for your help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi.

It helps if you name the NED that you are using, in this case I am guessing from the context that you run NETCONF towards an IOS-XE device?

It looks here like there is a list wlan-cfg-entry where the NED assumes there will be a profile-name available but where no profile-name is found in the data from the device.

Your best bet here is to turn on the traces towards the device (set devices global-settings trace raw), and redoing the sync-from and looking in the netconf trace for how that piece of the XML looks, and comparing it to the YANG models you are using.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi.

It helps if you name the NED that you are using, in this case I am guessing from the context that you run NETCONF towards an IOS-XE device?

It looks here like there is a list wlan-cfg-entry where the NED assumes there will be a profile-name available but where no profile-name is found in the data from the device.

Your best bet here is to turn on the traces towards the device (set devices global-settings trace raw), and redoing the sync-from and looking in the netconf trace for how that piece of the XML looks, and comparing it to the YANG models you are using.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: