Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Turn off console logging in NSO

Is there a way to turn off the console logging that NSO has for commits?

My example is if someone (not me) is using NSO and performs a sync-from on a group of devices, on my terminal I see every single commit of the sync-from for each device. This can make it hard to see the output of the command that I am running (an action with meaningful output for example), as it will get lost in the sync-form commit messages.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michael Maddern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are some options in ncs.conf you can try out. They are documented in the ncs.conf man pages. After you update ncs.conf you need to restart NSO.

/ncs-config/cli/commit-message (boolean) [true]

CLI prints out a message when a commit is executed

/ncs-config/cli/suppress-commit-message-context (string)

This parameter may be given multiple times.

A list of contexts for which no commit message shall be displayed. A good value is [ system ] which will make all system generated commits to go unnoticed in the CLI. A context is either the name of an agent i.e cli, webui, netconf, snmp or any free form text string if the transaction is initated from Maapi

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Michael Maddern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are some options in ncs.conf you can try out. They are documented in the ncs.conf man pages. After you update ncs.conf you need to restart NSO.

/ncs-config/cli/commit-message (boolean) [true]

CLI prints out a message when a commit is executed

/ncs-config/cli/suppress-commit-message-context (string)

This parameter may be given multiple times.

A list of contexts for which no commit message shall be displayed. A good value is [ system ] which will make all system generated commits to go unnoticed in the CLI. A context is either the name of an agent i.e cli, webui, netconf, snmp or any free form text string if the transaction is initated from Maapi

I think this did the trick. Thanks.

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Yes, in ncs.conf there is a setting /ncs-config/cli/commit-message that controls this.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: