Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Validation from an already configured device

I would like to use NSO in my environment which is already configured and while implementing a new service model for VPLS, i figured out that i need to validate vpn-id which will be configured in the service model a variable with all VPN-ID that already configured on my device before NSO.

lets say that i have VPN-ID as a leaf and i need to validate the number which will be put by user to all vpn-id which already on the PE which has been configured before NSO integration. how can i do this?

leaf bridge-domain-name {

type string;

}

leaf vfi-name {

type string;

}

leaf vpn-id {

type uint32;

Thanks

Amr Emad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Beginner

Re: Validation from an already configured device

Hi,

I'm not sure what kind of validation are you trying to achieve, but you can perform it inside your python code if you're using it for mapping. When you perform a sync-from, you have all configuration data in the cdb, so you can traverse the device model and get vpn-ids and then implement some kind of validation logic with it.

Simon

2 REPLIES 2
Beginner

Hi,

I'm not sure what kind of validation are you trying to achieve, but you can perform it inside your python code if you're using it for mapping. When you perform a sync-from, you have all configuration data in the cdb, so you can traverse the device model and get vpn-ids and then implement some kind of validation logic with it.

Simon

Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks that is the exact validation, i'm looking for