Views
Helpful
Replies

YANG must statement using contains

yfherzog
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I have this must statement which I want to use to check if a leaf-list contains a certain value:

must "contains(route-target, '15525')";

In the xpath trace I see this:

18-Jun-2019::13:38:17.870 evaluating: /vrf:vrf[device='xr-1'][vrf-name='foo']/ipv4/imports: contains(string(route-target), '15525')
18-Jun-2019::13:38:17.871 get_elem(/vrf:vrf[device='xr-1'][vrf-name='foo']/ipv4/imports/route-target) = 12:34 15525:246 23:45
18-Jun-2019::13:38:17.871 result: /vrf:vrf[device='xr-1'][vrf-name='foo']/ipv4/imports: false

I'm trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong.

As sanity check, I tested this statement:

must "starts-with(route-target, '12:34')";

This one works as expected.

So, for some reason, I'm unable to use the contains function, but some other functions are working as I'd expect.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mvolf
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

contains() evaluates its argument as strings; route-target is a leaf-list I suppose, i.e. it returns a node-set, and a string evaluation of a node-set is the string value of its first node. You may want something like this instead:

must "route-target[contains(., '15525')]";

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mvolf
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

contains() evaluates its argument as strings; route-target is a leaf-list I suppose, i.e. it returns a node-set, and a string evaluation of a node-set is the string value of its first node. You may want something like this instead:

must "route-target[contains(., '15525')]";

That did it!

Thank you very much!

Would you mind describing the statement in words?

How come '.' is pointing where it does?

What does the statement returns? A Boolean value? The node itself?

Thanks again!

It returns a node-set which is then converted to boolean - non-empty set to true, empty to false. The result can be described as all instances of route-target such that ., the instance itself, as a string contains '15525'.

Thank you for the explanation!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: