cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

YANGPATH for SNMP MIBS

Gabor Szabo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would like to compile a Netconf NED where few Yang files include imports from IETF SNMP MIBs. Which folder should I add to YANGPATH? Is it the "($NCS_DIR)/src/ncs/snmp/yang" folder or do you recommend another one?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jan Lindblad
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ideally you should get *all* YANG files needed by a device straight from the device itself. Failing that, from the device vendor. You can certainly go scouting on the internet, or in the internal directories of your favorite software tools, for YANG modules with similar names, but chances are that you will not get the right content/version etc.

If you do wish to compensate the lack of a YANG file in a NED directory on your own, I'd probably copy each individual YANG file to the NED directory (so I know what's going on) rather than putting some sort of Makefile blanket statement, "... and for any other missing YANG file, go see if you can find it in this bin over here. They're on sale!"

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jan Lindblad
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ideally you should get *all* YANG files needed by a device straight from the device itself. Failing that, from the device vendor. You can certainly go scouting on the internet, or in the internal directories of your favorite software tools, for YANG modules with similar names, but chances are that you will not get the right content/version etc.

If you do wish to compensate the lack of a YANG file in a NED directory on your own, I'd probably copy each individual YANG file to the NED directory (so I know what's going on) rather than putting some sort of Makefile blanket statement, "... and for any other missing YANG file, go see if you can find it in this bin over here. They're on sale!"