Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
fmarest
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you need to add new infrastructure devices in your network?

If the answer to this question is “yes” then you may have an easy solution through NSO (Network Service Orchestrator). Cisco Advanced Services has developed a NSO-based package that can perform onboarding (pushing day 0 & 1 configurations) of your infrastructure devices in your network without manual intervention.

Please be invited to watch this demo where DHCP based Zero Touch Provisioning built on top of NSO is shown.

For further information please contact the Cisco Advanced Services team, Syed Ziaullah (sziaulla@cisco.com), Solution Architect, Manish Jain (manisjai@cisco.com), Director Software Integration and Orchestration and Filip Marest (fmarest@cisco.com), Business Architect

14 Comments
fwclements1
Level 1
Level 1

Very interested in the ZTP setup.  Couple questions ...

You mentioned that you have a script setup to snoop the DHCP logs looking for the discover request from the device.  What information is it looking for?  I guess, I'm assuming, that since you're binding the configuration to the device via the device serial number, you're assuming the hostname of the device in the discover is the serial number?

I wouldn't mind seeing the package that's handling pushing the configs out to the device once it's online. ZTP is of great interest to me at the moment!

kuiliu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is very interesting and we kind of have a similar requirement in one of POC project, would mind share me where I can download this ZTP package and along with the instruction documents?

KJ Rossavik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does this use the NSO PnP function pack?

Cheers,

KJ.

kuiliu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yes, we try to deploy the vm and configuration to ENCS server which includes pnp solutions.

KJ Rossavik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ok,

My question was to the AS team: is what is presented in this VoD based on the NSO PnP function pack?

For ENCS and VNF turnup then you should be exploring VMS for the full solution, or the vBranch function pack bundle (which includes NSO PnP as well as NFVO function packs).

Cheers,

KJ.

kuiliu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ZTP might not a perfect solution to our case, and as you mentioned the vBranch function packages are in our vision. however I'm struggling to find out more detail document sabout it. would you mind share me some links of it?

KJ Rossavik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I will send you some internal material. We will be posting information to the Developer Hub soon

Cheers,

KJ.

sziaulla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

sorry for the late reply. we are not using PnP function pack. we tried to be generic and avoided PnP to cover other vendor devices.

sziaulla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

through script we get the IP address which is assigned to the new device. Script login to the device and get the Serial number which will subsequently be used for identifying device role and corresponding config.

rogaglia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Have you tried with IOS-XR ZTP mechanism?

https://xrdocs.github.io/software-management/tutorials/2016-08-26-working-with-ztp/

Regards,

Roque

gvanleeu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Maciej,

When you receive the link, can you share it with me please.

Also any ppt related to the PnP function pack will be welcome.

Thanks

Guy

sziaulla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

no we didn't try this option.

this option is not using NSO as part of the process although its possible to invoke a  call to NSO via same script to onboard the device on NSO after the ZTP is complete.

KJ Rossavik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don’t have ppt, but the user docs are in the PnP package. I have also put a copy on the field portal (Cisco internal)

Cheers,

KJ

tsiemers1
Spotlight
Spotlight

Is this a package in NSO, or is it part of the PnP package? We are looking at doing ZTP with ASR920's, which are not on the list of supported PnP devices. If we went with the PnP package would it cover ZTP devices as well?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Plug-and-Play/release/notes/pnp-release-notes16.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: