cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CBW240AC-B Factory reset boot fail.

RSnet
Level 1
Level 1

Hey, thank you for your time. I have a CBW249AC-B as mentioned in the title. When I attempt a factory reset using the "paper clip" method, my device seems to fail/shutdown with no SSID for the ciscobusiness setup showing. I have boot logs and it shows the 'virtual' interface going down and then all VLANs go down and then restarting the switch driver. That is when it fails/turns off, LED turns off and is stuck on restarting switch driver. Any help would be much appreciated. New to networking/IT so bare with me. 

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Remove the power the power source and connect back power source and try reset again.

when you reset the config all will be wiped.

i do see the router got IP address :

ethernet_port wired0, ip 10.55.25.11

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I have a similar problem. Out of the box, the AP setup as documented. on initial reboot, I couldn't login. After several retires, I shutdown the "new" ap and restarted my home AP which is also the CBW240. I come to find out that it appears the Username and Password are case sensitive. For the new AP, I failed to explicitly copy the case of the username correctly. I have to reset the new AP. I have spent a couple of hours resetting according to the documentation using the reset mode button. I have tried varying when to release the mode button but no matter where I release the button, the configuration is not reset and I do not get the default startup ssid.