cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs - out-of-date

stuartkendrick
Level 1
Level 1

Earlier this year, I downloaded the latest collection of Cisco's Enterprise MIB files from:

ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v1/v1.tar.gz

ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/v2.tar.gz

But, at least today, this site seems to have reverted to a January 2017 version of itself ....

Anyone know where I can grab an updated collection of all of the Enterprise MIB files?

--sk

Stuart Kendrick

5 Replies 5

FWIW:  My account does not have access to this thread

--sk

stuartkendrick
Level 1
Level 1

I tried using the SNMP Object Navigator tool ... which displays an even more dated version of CISCO-PRODUCTS-MIB (dated to 2002)

https://snmp.cloudapps.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseMIB.do?local=en&step=2&submitClicked=true&mibName=CISCO-PRODUCTS-MIB#dependencies

Downloading the MIB file grabs the one on ftp.cisco.com, which is dated to 2007

I have submitted a request for an update via the Feedback button

Does anyone know of another way to reach the group supporting the SNMP Object Navigator tool?

--sk

Stuart Kendrick

lboisseau
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

It looks like the FTP server (ftp.cisco.com) has been replaced with a Git repo : https://cisco.github.io/cisco-mibs/

"On 10/15/2022 ftp.cisco.com has been officially decomissioned making this the new source for Cisco MIB files.
Cisco Developers will continue maintain MIB files in this location as they did on ftp.cisco.com"

Regards,

LB

Well, that makes sense, from a protocol perspective (retiring ftp / integrating into GIT)

But, regrettably, I don't see a replacement for v1.tar.gz or v2.tar.gz ... rather than pull down the MIBs for each particular product ... tedious ... I would rather pull them all down at once -- faster.  Dang.

--sk

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: