cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HELP! Packet Tracer MacOS, Router Terminal Has Annoying Voice Over BUG

hezhez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I got an annoying problem, I've uninstalled PT 8.1.0 many times and even did a clean install. But every time I am opening the router in packet tracer and get into CLI. The voice over just keeps on going, disabling it did not work... Is this a bug?

Other solution I've tried:

- Updating from Catalina to Big Sur after installing PT it gave the same problem...

34 Replies 34

Thank you so much for your kind support. You saved me.

Go to preferences - Interface - Disable CLI text to speech. 

psamardzhiev
Level 1
Level 1

Gents, 

i've just updated my PT to 8.1.1 and unfortunatelly the same bug exists - the CLI text is spoken out and there is no way to turn it off

Does anyone have an idea how this can be fixed? 

Hi everyone

For Mac users and problem solution 

First, open the packet tracer with full screen and then click on the cisco packet tracer on the top left  and then the preferences optionand a window will be opened with lots of options...tick the option " Disable CLI text to speech " ...your problem will be solved ...Have a good time 

vvargasp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, same problem here, running PT 8.1.1 in a Mac Mini M1 with Mojave. 

I have tried every posible solution, but I still have the voice ringing in my terminal and in my head...

rclopp
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using Cisco Packet Tracer v 8.1.1.0022 and have the same problem - sounds like MacBook is using the VoiceOver feature to read all of the CLI text when you enter a command.  I don't know if Cisco has fixed it by adding the following setting, which I found to be de-selected by default.  Do the following to fix this problem:

On the 'top menu' select

Cisco Packet Tracer > Preferences

(Navigate to the 'Interface' tab if it's not already open)

Check the box labeled 'Disable CLI Text to Speech'

Close the dialog box - Problem Solved!

Hi,

that seems to be the solution, thanks for the advise

Petko,

PS: Attached is a screenshot of the solution

PT Screenshot.png

pedro.carmine
Level 1
Level 1

Dear friends,

Looks like that at the latest version (not sure if it available at any other because it is my second time, after a while, using Cisco Packet Tracer) there is an option available at preferences to disable CLI text to speech.

MikeRamos
Level 1
Level 1

Hey there, hezhez:

Had the same issue running PT 8.1.1.0022 in Big Sur as well. Very annoying indeed, however, the solution (as it is most of the time) is quite simple:

Go to Preferences > Customize User Experience > Check the "Disable CLI Text to Speech". You should be good after that.

nvsv
Level 1
Level 1

Experiencing this issue as well. Surprised its been so long and they still haven't fixed or addressed it. 

pporcuna
Level 1
Level 1

Go to preferences - Interface - Disable CLI text to speech. 

nrouds300
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone

For Mac users and problem solution 

First, open the packet tracer with full screen and then click on the cisco packet tracer on the top left  and then the preferences optionand a window will be opened with lots of options...tick the option " Disable CLI text to speech " ...your problem will be solved ...Have a good time 

DmytroTrydub
Level 1
Level 1

Disable CLI Text to SpeechDisable CLI Text to Speech

Disable CLI Text to Speech

0x1100B
Level 1
Level 1

Yeap - most recent responses are the solution. It would be nice to see the option to be disabled by default, with a prompt upon first boot to enable the setting (for anyone needing access to accessibility options from the get go).

Solution:

*)
 Upgrade to Version 8.2.0 via a fresh install, if possible.
1) Navigate to Cisco Packet Tracer Preferences

0x1100B_2-1670741698965.png

2) In the top half of the Interfaces tab along the left column, enable Disable CLI Text to Speech.

0x1100B_4-1670741841191.png

aaron16639
Level 1
Level 1

In the preferences, there should be a checkbox that says "Disable CLI text to speech" on the interfaces tab

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: