Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet tracer 8.0 display problem

I have a problem with the display of packet tracer 8.0.

As you can see in the picture, the display is very pixelated, which on its own would not be that great of a problem. In the second picture you can see that when pressing a device, the pop-up window does not fit in the display, which makes working with packet tracer very complicated. This does not happen in older versions of packet tracer.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thank you!

11 Replies 11

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Nothing like that with my PT 8 on Windows.  You can contact PT via Help menu in PT and "Report an issue"

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Shubham Sharma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I faced this issue as well. After a lot of tries, I was able to fix the resolution according to my laptop. You can follow the below-mentioned steps.

• Right-click on Packet Tracer and select "Properties".
  • In the "Compatibility" section, select "Change high DPI settings".
  • Mark on "Override high DPI scaling behaviour."
  • Under the "Scaling performed by:" drop-down list, select "System(Enhanced)"
  • Apply this change and try opening the packet-tracer again.

image.png

thank you, help full it works

Thank you,good Job

thank you so much! very helpful

I was facing this issue on my laptop and I think many laptop users are facing this issue. Thanks, this solution works.

Tomhanks44
Level 1
Level 1

I am using Windows 11 and when I right click on the Cisco Packet Tracer icon in the taskbar it doesn't give me an option for 'Properties'. I've looked in Settings and I can't find it. 

Hey Sir /Madam I am writing this letter to give advice for your problem.I
don't know why you want to use properties setting but in packet tracer we
can use *option + preferences *instead of *properties setting *

Best Regards

Thank you for assisting me. I have gone to Options/Preferences in Packet Tracer but I do not see the option to adjust the display. Could you tell me which tab it is in? Thank you.

Update: Thank you I have found it.

In windows 11 you have to open the file location. then from there you have to click the icon.