cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Cisco Small Business Community

Have a question? Click on a topic board below to get started in the community.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Steve Wood
Beginner

ASDM and onplus

Just wondered if anyone had used the Onplus portal and successfully attached to an ASA using ASDM. Ideally we would want to attach via the internal interface. If it is not possible I suppose a workaround is ASDM loaded on a machine locally

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steve,

You can do want you're wanting to do.

I just tested the following using an ASA 5510 and a laptop on a remote network.  This is all based on the asssumption that you OnPlus device is on the inside of your network and that your ASA allows ASDM access on port 443 (SSL/HTTPS).

1)  Ensure ASDM-IDM is installed on the system you want to connect from

2)  Log into OnPlus

3)  Drill into ASA you want to connect to

4)  Select the "Connect" tab

5)  Select Generic (Do not use the Web -->  Secure (HTTPS) connection option as this will only take you to the Admin page to download ASDM-IDM or try to use Java.  I didn't test the Java version but theoretically it would probably work though I wouldn't recommend it.)

6)  Enter 443 in the Port field (assuming this is the port allowed to connect to the inside interface of the ASA)

7)  Select "Connect to device"

8)  Once the connection is made, click the eye dropper next to the connection URL listed

9)  Launch ASDM-IDM

10) Ctrl + V in the "Device IP Address / Name" field (you can't right click and select paste in ASDM)

11) Enter your credentials and login

And you're off to the races!!!

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
aqkazi
Enthusiast

Hi Steve,

If you are using the PC version of ASDM, you could RDP or VNC to the PC and then launch ASDM.

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

Are you saying the only way is to remote onto a PC on-site which has ASDM loaded and launch from there ?

Just wondered if you could copy and paste from clipboard like you do for a putty connection

Steve,

You can do want you're wanting to do.

I just tested the following using an ASA 5510 and a laptop on a remote network.  This is all based on the asssumption that you OnPlus device is on the inside of your network and that your ASA allows ASDM access on port 443 (SSL/HTTPS).

1)  Ensure ASDM-IDM is installed on the system you want to connect from

2)  Log into OnPlus

3)  Drill into ASA you want to connect to

4)  Select the "Connect" tab

5)  Select Generic (Do not use the Web -->  Secure (HTTPS) connection option as this will only take you to the Admin page to download ASDM-IDM or try to use Java.  I didn't test the Java version but theoretically it would probably work though I wouldn't recommend it.)

6)  Enter 443 in the Port field (assuming this is the port allowed to connect to the inside interface of the ASA)

7)  Select "Connect to device"

8)  Once the connection is made, click the eye dropper next to the connection URL listed

9)  Launch ASDM-IDM

10) Ctrl + V in the "Device IP Address / Name" field (you can't right click and select paste in ASDM)

11) Enter your credentials and login

And you're off to the races!!!

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

View solution in original post

Many thanks for the advice. Works a dream. Looks like we will have a preferrred remote support tool for Small Business users to start rolling out.

Steve,

Did this answer your question?  If so, would you mind marking t as the right answer and rating my response?  Thanks.

OK I just tested this remotely via ASDM on my PC; works!

Thanks

This widget could not be displayed.