Views
Helpful
Replies

Computer Names

CHRIS YEO
Beginner
Beginner

Hi Guys,

The names are still not processing into onplus properly.  The name for a lot of computers at my last site is 'computer'.

Is this on the todo list?

Thanks!

Chris

4 Replies 4

SHAWN EFTINK
Contributor
Contributor

Are they actually computers or thin clients?  I have a client with a ton of thin clients and a number of computers.  The computers show up fine with the correct computer name.  The thin clients show up as manufacturer Tattile SRL and many of them show up with the device name Computer.  But it's only happening on the thin clients.

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

It looks like after I put in wmi credentials, they have pulled out the right names.

Did you put them in to each device or did you just enter the credentials in the Device Options tab of the ON100 device?

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

I assume putting them in the ON100 device would have worked, but I had wanted to report on disk failures, and memory.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers