cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Cisco Small Business Community

Have a question? Click on a topic board below to get started in the community.

Views
Helpful
Replies
SHAWN EFTINK
Contributor

**Critical** - No WAN Connection Down Escalation Again

Please see this previous post.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3876269#3876269

I'm seeing the same thing again.  The site that I noticed this on was the one that ends in _DR|

I see a Notice for WAN Connection down at 1:36am this morning and nothing after that until 5:53am this morning when it came back up.  My setting is to wait 5 minutes before alerting.

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.
4 REPLIES 4
Michael Holloway
Cisco Employee

Thanks for the report Shawn, we'll investigate and get this fixed asap, and see how we can monitor for this condition in the future. I'll update this thread shortly.

-mike

Hi Shawn,

I've found and fixed the code that was off the rails here, hopefully we will not see a repeat of this issue in the future. The daemon responsible for escalating delayed WAN Connection events was malfunctioning again beginning on April 14th, you may receive some queued notifications that should have been delivered since that date, apologies if this causes unnecessary email noise.

-mike

Mike,

Thank you.  Other than coming by this by chance, is there anything I can monitor on my end to try to catch this sooner?

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

Probably only the way you saw it this time, which was that you saw Notice events for the WAN Connection but never a follow-up notification. I believe the underlying code is now fixed to self-correct this (and another similar) database-connection issue within the daemon so that the notifications don't become permanently blocked in the off chance of a database connection timeout, which is what was happening here.

This widget could not be displayed.