cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Cisco Small Business Community

Have a question? Click on a topic board below to get started in the community.

Views
Helpful
Replies
SHAWN EFTINK
Contributor

**Critical** - No WAN Connection Down Escalation

I've been doing some alert testing with integration to systems external to OnPlus and have been triggering WAN Connection Down statuses for testing.  For the first time, EVER, I had an instance where the Connection Status was down, triggered the Notice, but never escalated and sent out the emails.  I have my WAN Connection Status set to alert after 5 minutes.  It never escalated, so I never received an email when it went down, for over an hour, and I also never received an email when it came back up.

Connection Status Events.png

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Shawn,

Apologies for the delay in addressing this issue, the team in Richardson responible for much of the OnPlus service as you know it was recently severely impacted. I believe I've tracked down the offending code responsible for causing delayed WAN (heartbeat) notifications from being escalated, and I've just tested a fix on the production systems. Please let me know if you continue to see issues with this feature.

-mike

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SHAWN EFTINK
Contributor

I also just noticed that I can't change the Customer field on a Delivery Rule after it's created.  Perhaps it's always been that way but I'm pretty certain I used to be able to do that.  The other item that's odd is that on the one Delivery Rule that I'm using for my testing, I have one customer selected however when I edit the Delivery Rule, it has (ALL) in the Customer Field instead of just the one Company.  There are 2 Delivery Rules tied to the customer only and both of them are showing (ALL) in the Customer field.  I tried creating another Delivery Rule for this customer and it's doing the same thing.

After further investigation, it appears that it has to do with me changing the name of the customer in the Profile.  The format of the name was changed from "Customer Site" to "CustID.Customer_Site|".  When I changed the name back, the Customer field in the Delivery Rule is now showing the right Customer.  I tried a number of combinations including changing the period (.) to an underscore (_) and dropping the pipe (|) and none of those made a difference.  I shortened the name which was originally 33 characters, included the period and the pipe, and it appears to be working.  I'm going to test the alerting again and see if it fixes that issue as well.

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

Looks like the company name limit is 25 characters.  I've adjusted accordingly and will be testing notifications shortly.  Standby.

Well, while shortening the name did correct the Deliver Rule issue, I'm still having issues with not receiving notifications. I have previously tested with a period (.) in the name without issue. I can't imagine an underscore would give an issue, so I'm going to drop the pipe (|) and see if that corrects it. Standby.

Ok, I've completed all the testing.  Please see the screenshot below for all the details.  Long story short, removing the pipe (|) didn't make any difference.  When I switched the WAN Connection State from 5 minutes to immediate, notifications worked perfectly.  I switched it back to 5 minutes and I received 0 escalations or notifications.  Switched it back to immediate, and it worked perfectly again.

Hi, thanks for this detailed bug report. We'll try to recreate this issue and get it resolved asap.

-mike

Any update on this?

Hi Shawn,

Apologies for the delay in addressing this issue, the team in Richardson responible for much of the OnPlus service as you know it was recently severely impacted. I believe I've tracked down the offending code responsible for causing delayed WAN (heartbeat) notifications from being escalated, and I've just tested a fix on the production systems. Please let me know if you continue to see issues with this feature.

-mike

View solution in original post

I just tested and it's working correctly again.  Thank you.

This widget could not be displayed.