cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Data unavailable due to a temporary network timeout error

SHAWN EFTINK
Contributor
Contributor

After reviewing the Custom Security Report with all sections added, I noticed a few things.

1) WiFi Activity states "Data unavailable due to a temporary network timeout error"

2) Web Usage by Category states "Data unavailable due to a temporary network timeout error"

3) Top Visited Web Sites states "Data unavailable due to a temporary network timeout error"

Any idea what would be causing these?

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.
5 Replies 5

Michael Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Shawn,

I just posted this discussion regarding the Security reports missing sections.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2209808

Rowan and I are looking through code to try to find the root cause. It's a fairly complex system.. at the time the report is generated, the OnPlus portal asks the ON100 to send the up-to-the-minute data elements for each section up to the portal. For the reports to work properly, the ON100 must be both online with the portal, and the ISA5xx credentials supplied to OnPlus need to be functioning. We haven't yet been able to recreate this issue in the lab, but we know that it's a real issue that customers are currently experiencing, and thanks to you and another OnPlus user we believe we have enough data from affected sites to debug the issue. Rowan worked on the ON100 side of the code for storing the data and passing it back to the portal, so we have a good chance of finding and addressing this issue quickly.

-mike

I see the same issue.

It started after I accidentally power cycled the ON100

If I now run a report that includes the time period of an earlier report where, for example, there was SPAM activity, the new report says no data for the requested period.

Admin Login

Data unavailable due to a temporary network timeout error. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

You may reschedule the report for complete data.

User Login

Data unavailable due to a temporary network timeout error. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Failed Login

WIFI Activity

No data for requested period.

IPS Threats by Category

Top IPS Threats

Spam Filter Summary

Top Spam Filter

Mike,

I just received my July report for the past month.  Every section has this error.  I included the following sections below in my report.  Any update on this?

• WAN Bandwidth
  • LAN Bandwidth
  • VLAN Bandwidth
  • WiFi Bandwidth
  • VPN Bandwidth
  • HTTP Usage Summary
  • HTTPS Usage Summary
  • Mail Usage Summary
  • CPU, Flash, RAM Utilization
  • Top VPN Users
  • FW Attacks by Category
  • Web Usage by Category
  • Web Threats by Category
  • Top IPS Threats

You might also see this thread as a potential reason for these issues.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3970913#3970913

The issue covered in the above thread releates to the Security Services in the ISA going offline.  For example, I just looked at my test ISA and all services are showing offline.

Please advise.

Shawn Eftink
CCNA/CCDA

Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

This issue is still happening.  Please advise ASAP.

Shawn Eftink
CCNA/CCDA

Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

I'm not sure what, if any, change was made, but I got my monthly security report today an it had data in it. The only exceptions were FW Attacks by Category and Web Usage by Category. They still showed "Data Unavailable due to temporary network timeout error..." but much better than what I had before.

Shawn Eftink
CCNA/CCDA

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: