Views
Helpful
Replies

NetFlow Config for 800 Series and OnPlus

webserviceshb
Beginner
Beginner

Hi

I am looking to configure NetFlow on Cisco 800 series routers at customer sites to talk to OnPlus.  I thought I would share what I have found so far....and welcome feedback and suggestions.

The router config instructions in the App Note: https://supportforums.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/19053-6-116198/ntop_onplus_integration_app_note.pdf  appear to apply to early IOS 12.x versions.  More recent 12.x and 15 versions use a slightly different syntax. 

Here are the commands I used to enable NetFlow on an 887:

conf t

ip route-cache cef

ip flow-export destination x.x.x.x (the static IP address of the OnPlus appliance) 2055

ip flow-export version 5

ip flow-cache timeout active 1

ip flow-cache timeout inactive 15

snmp-server ifindex persist

interface Dialer0

ip flow ingress

ip flow egress

Commands to check your NetFlow config is working correctly:

show ip flow interface

show ip cache flow

show ip cache verbose flow

show ip flow export

If you get to step 6 in the above app note and find that you only have eth1 available, it means that the NetFlow plugin (while configured) is not yet activated.  After you have been able to successfully activate the plugin (which took a bit of trial and error for me), you will be able to switch to the NetFlow-device.x interface you have created.

I hope this information is helpful to someone

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers