cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Cisco Small Business Community

Have a question? Click on a topic board below to get started in the community.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Brian Paine
Beginner

One Customer - Multiple Sites

How are people handling when a customer has multiple sites with multiple ON100 Agents?

Just installed mine at my first of 5 remote branch sites in my orgainzation and now I see that I can not add multiple ON100 agents.....yet......when I tested this out with the FREE OnPlus Scanner prior to buying 5 ON100 agents, I was able to have multiple subnet's at multiple locations under one dashboard no problems.

Cheers

BP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SHAWN EFTINK
Contributor

With the ON100 Scanner, you can have them all under one dashboard because  you can control what subnets it scans.  With the ON100 in monitoring mode, it must scan/discover the network and can only do so at Layer 2.  You can manually add devices and it can monitor those devices at Layer 3 (i.e. Ping), but it can't do SNMP or utilize credentials on those devices (i.e. backup configs).

For multiple sites, you should deploy an ON100 at each site and enter each site as a client in the portal.  Many of us have already requested the ability to have multiple sites under a single organization and they are aware of the request.

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SHAWN EFTINK
Contributor

With the ON100 Scanner, you can have them all under one dashboard because  you can control what subnets it scans.  With the ON100 in monitoring mode, it must scan/discover the network and can only do so at Layer 2.  You can manually add devices and it can monitor those devices at Layer 3 (i.e. Ping), but it can't do SNMP or utilize credentials on those devices (i.e. backup configs).

For multiple sites, you should deploy an ON100 at each site and enter each site as a client in the portal.  Many of us have already requested the ability to have multiple sites under a single organization and they are aware of the request.

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.
Create
Recognize Your Peers
Polls
How would you describe your level of technical expertise?