cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Cisco Small Business Community

Have a question? Click on a topic board below to get started in the community.
Get the latest news in this issue of the Cisco Small Business Monthly Newsletter

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

OnPlus Beta Site

All,

With the recent announcemet of the End of Life for the OnPlus service, the OnPlus team will no longer support the OnPlus Beta site. The Beta site was intended to provide our partners a place to experience new developments in the OnPlus service. Since the development team is no longer developing new features the beta site is no longer supported.   The site will remain operatiional for the time being but items like certificates not being renewed will start to become more prevalent. Thank you for your participation in the beta program.

Randy Jones

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Beginner

OnPlus Beta Site

Hi Randall/all-

Couple of questions:

1. Is it possible to move accounts that are currently in (or on) the OnPlus Beta Site to the prod. (supported) site?

2. I have a couple of devices that aren't producing new discovery information anymore on the Beta site although they are showing online.  Both are at a fairly faraway location (almost 2 hours' drive) - any tips or other suggestions?

Thanks,

-- Dave Bainum (dbainum@ritetech.net)

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

OnPlus Beta Site

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately it's not feasible for us to move customer information between the beta and production platforms. We never envisioned the beta portal to host production customer sites. It was meant more to provide you folks a preview of upcoming features and to help us stage/test/observe new code that had made it through our QA process before it went into the "live" environment.

To save the 2 hour trip, and short of pre-activating another ON100 against the production service and shipping it out to them, I recommend asking the customer to get onto a WebEx session with you (or your favorite remote collaboration tool), and drive them through the process of resetting the ON100 (hold it's reset button for 15 seconds while the unit is powered) and then step through the activation process using their local computer.

-mike

Highlighted
Beginner

OnPlus Beta Site

Thanks, Mike.  Any other ideas on what may cause the re-discovery information to start appearing again apart from that remote reset?

The device seems to be sending alerts e.g. for network up/down, etc., and we can remotely reboot the Onplus via the portal.  However, it keeps saying "No Discovery Information Available" despite our attempts to manually rediscover the network.

Thanks for the clarification on Beta site migration.  Yeah, we had just gotten in the habit of activating our newer prod. units in the Beta web site, just to keep everything in one place - as well as to try out the newer beta features at more locations...

Regards,

-- Dave B.

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

OnPlus Beta Site

Hi Dave,

I'm apologize, but with the end of support announcement above for the OnPlus beta portal we no longer have engineering resources available to look at this discovery upload failure on the beta portal. I expect that a further announcement regarding the beta portal's overall availability will be forthcoming soon. I can only recommend using remote desktop collaboration, or out-of-band VPN to your customer's network, in order to re-activate existing ON100s against the production portal, which will continue to be supported by our engineering team until the impending shutdown next year. I really wish I had better news for you here

-mike