cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Cisco Small Business Community

Have a question? Click on a topic board below to get started in the community.

Views
Helpful
Replies
paul.sheehan
Beginner

onPlus rediscovery fails

Hi;

After performing a "rediscover network" on the OnPlus, the unit will not see any devices. I have performed a hard reset but still no dashboard view of devices (Cisco or non)

The portal wont see the Onplus device itself or any units below. I have link activity in both the link and port span but no devices are seen. Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong?

Any advice appreciated.

Paul

4 REPLIES 4
aqkazi
Enthusiast

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your post. We are looking into this now. I will get back to you once I have more information.

In the meantime, would you have know if any network changes have been made since it was last working? Any active port scanning?

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

Hi Aqkazi;

Thanks for the reply. I havent performed any changes or updates. There were no active prot scans running either.

Since the Onplus agent was reporting several devices missing I felt I would "clean-up" the dashboard by having it rediscover the topology. However it would not and left me unable to see even the agent.

regards,

paul

Hi Paul - I thought I'd let you know we are still looking into this issue. I'll keep you updated as I have more information.

In the mean time, we did have a couple of more quesitons:

• Do you know the current status of the LEDs?
  • About how many devices are on the network?
  • You mention you did a Rediscover when several devices were missing. Were these device never discovered, or were they previously discovered and were now missing? Were they new devices and not being discovered?

Thank you for your patience,

The OnPlus Team

Hi Aqkazi;

In the mean time, we did have a couple of more quesitons:

• Do you know the current status of the LEDs?  --- All LED's are functioning fine and show activity on span and monitor ports
  • About how many devices are on the network? --- approximately 20 units of various types.
  • You  mention you did a Rediscover when several devices were missing. ---- Yes although they were online the agent claimed they were missing.
  • Were  these device never discovered, or were they previously discovered and  were now missing? Were they new devices and not being discovered?  --- these were all discovered and accessible but I dont know how long ago OnPlus lost contact with them. There were no reports and I only found out when online to access on of the switches.

I hope this helps.

Paul