cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Cisco Small Business Community

Have a question? Click on a topic board below to get started in the community.

Views
Helpful
Replies
techmobile_agb
Beginner

OnPlus REFUNDS?

Where can we request a refund for OnPlus purchases stated in the article below?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/comment/9912901#comment-9912901

"Q: I’ve recently installed an ON100, but I wont be able to make use of the complete duration of the 3-year subscription. What can I do?

A: An OnPlus subscription includes 3 years of service, and is included with every purchase of an ON100 Network Agent. If by the time the service has terminated 3 years have not expired since an ON100’s installation, you may request a refund from Cisco for the remaining amount of time of the subscription, based on ON100-K9 street price of $177.00.

You may submit this request to Cisco starting on August 6th, 2014.

For example: If I’ve installed an ON100 on a managed network on August 5th, 2012, by August 5th 2014 I will use only 2 years out of the 3-year subscription I’m entitled to, and will not be able to utilize 1 /3 of it (1 year).

On August 6th, 2014, I can request a refund of $59 from Cisco for the remaining 1/3 of my license, based on ON100-K9 street price of $177 ($177.00 * 1/ 3 = $59.00)"

7 REPLIES 7
Steven Church
Beginner

Has anyone had any luck with this promise?

Hello,

Please call the Small Business Support Center to get your refund started.  Make sure you have your proof of purchase available.  Contact information for the Small Business Support Center is located here: https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Regards,
​Cindy

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

I just got off of the phone with both Small Business Support and Partner Helpline.  Neither group was able to provide assistance.  Grrrrr!!

I called SMB support at the contact location Cindy Toy provided.  They said "Sorry, can't help."  "Don't know what you're talking about."  Please call Partner Helpline.  So, I called Partner Helpline, and they said, "Sorry, can't help."  "Don't know what you're talking about."  Call your CAM.

I haven't called my CAM yet.  So, I have to ask, what is the process to get a refund?

Thanks.

We made a second attempt to get OnPlus refunds through Cisco Small Business support.  This time, we did not have any trouble finding someone who could assist us.

Thank you Cindy Toy for working as a liaison to make sure the front line support staff knew how to deal with OnPlus refund requests!

cindy toy
Rising star

Hello,

Please call the Small Business Support Center to get your refund started.  Make sure you have your proof of purchase available.  Contact information for the Small Business Support Center is located here: https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Regards,
​Cindy

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

We have been trying to get this refund underway for almost a month.

Our distributor does not have any idea how to do it, and they have not been able to get anyone from Cisco to help them.

I quoted the EOL announcement stating the refund, and their response was "yeah, we don't know anything about that".

I called the partner helpline and they also knew nothing about it.

I have a call in to our account manager.  I doubt he knows anything about it either but hopefully he will know of someone to call.

OK HERE IS THE ANSWER

You do have to contact the Small Business Support Center.   On my 4th call to them, the guy said the OnPlus was being handled by the Enterprise Team.    Unlikely, I thought, and I was right, but at least the Enterprise support person stayed on the phone with me until she found someone at SBCS that knew what to do.

So keep calling back until you get someone who understands the process.  They will get the serial numbers from you and create a case, and then transfer you to an engineer.  The engineer will then fill out the information and submit to their logistics manager, who will then forward it to the refund team, who will contact you for more details.  It sounds like I made that up, but that's what she said.

Good luck...

This widget could not be displayed.