cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Please be advised, the GuideMe Wizard is no longer available on the Small Business Support Community. For search capability please use the community search field to find content related to Cisco Small Business documents, videos, and discussions.
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Post Update - login attempts by ON100

Our ON100 received an update yesterday (11/20) to 37.59.

This morning the administrator of one of the (Cisco) NAS devices reported repeated failed login attempts by the ON100.

Settings on the ON100:

• No credentials present for the NAS
  • Login not authorized (box unchecked)
  • Monitoring for ICMP performance activated.
  • HTTP monitoring NOT activated
  • ON100 does recognize the (Cisco) device and has loaded a driver.

Two Login attempts (via HTTP) made what appears to be every five minutes, 10 seconds apart.

What is the recommended course of action?

TIA

Everyone's tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Enthusiast

Hi Curt,

Would it be possible to provide Cisco Credentials for this device?

Could you send me a Private Message with the site name and device IP, I'd like to see the information discovered for this device.

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

Beginner

aqkazi:

I have entered the credentials on the ON100 and sent you the account information via private message.

I authorized login in conjunction with the credentials and it now logs-in successfully approximately every 10 minutes.

The real desire is to have OnPlus watch the unit without login.  Logins, successful or failed, clutters the connection log of the device and makes life harder for the device administrator.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

Enthusiast

Hi Curt,

At this time we do not have a way to disable the login attempts for this type of device. We do plan to have this functionality in a future release.

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

Beginner

aqkazi:

Is there some rationale for the reason ON100 has to login to these devices, even though the only monitoring specified has been cut-back fo ICMP UP/Down.  A ping does not really need to login to function.

Over the weekend, another of our ON100s decided to start logging in (it previously did not) and spawned a blizzard of e-mail alarms from the monitored device.  I had to grant login rights to get this to cease.

Further, is there a list of devices (or class of devices) that ON attempts logins to?

TIA

Enthusiast

Hi Curt,

If the device is a supported Cisco device, it will try to authenticate to gather more information. The supported devices are listed here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-17501

In a future release we will provide more options for the auto discovery and logins by the On100.

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team