Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Re-parenting a discovered device

VAR=1913, Customer=5651.

Couple of questions about network topology on cisco-onplus...

I have an On100 agent at this customer associated with cisco-onplus location. I also have a PLG1000 providing service on customer associated with ciscovar.

1. In cisco-onplus topology view, I created a link from PLG1000 (bottom connection node) device to bottom of ESW540-8P device. Cant figure out how to delete this un-wanted connection.

2. "Legend" popup in topology view contains symbol referring to "Re-parent device". There appears to be no action (individual device or multiple selected devices) related to re-parenting a device. Where/under what conditions should I expect to see the icon for "Reparent device?"

Thanks,

Dave

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Dave,

Nice to see you here!

Let me help you with your second question. You need to first select a device that you want to assign a new parent for. Once you select the device, you will see the "Reparent" symbol show up when you hover over any other device. See screenshot below. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Shikha

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Dave,

I am trying to understand your first question. Are you trying to delete a device or simply reparent it? Please note that you can only delete devices that are either manually added or that are identified as missing. If you are not deleteing a device, hopefully reparenting the device above will help you get rid of the unwanted connection?

Thanks,

Shikha