Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade to OnPlus v7.7 on Saturday January 26th at 8:00 AM CST

Efrat Noy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear OnPlus Users,

An upgrade of OnPlus service to version 7.7 will occur on Saturday, January 26th at 8:00 AM CST. This version will introduce bug fixes and some usability enhancements.

During this time, OnPlus Service will NOT be available for a period of approximately up to 1 hour during this time.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

4 Replies 4

webserviceshb
Beginner
Beginner

Hi. Are there release notes for this ?

I believe the release notes are in the pipeline and will be posted to the OnPlus Service Documents section.

One feature I know is included is the ability to set the sensitivity for the connection status.  This is set in the ON100's Monitors Tab in the WAN Connection State monitor.  The default is to fire the notification as soon as loss is detected, but you can also specify a period between 1 and 60 minutes to delay the notification.  With delayed notification, connection-loss event severity is reduced to Notice.  Another notice event is sent if the connection is restored within the period.  As soon as the period expires, a Warning level event is issued and restoration then is also flagged with a Warning event.

Andy

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!  That's a great improvement!!

That said, and yes I'm hard to please, two additional features related to that which are very important is the ability to set a rearm value and criticality.  For those of us using additional alerting mechanisms, have a WAN State as only a Warning is a problem, hence the ability to set the criticality.

As well, the rearm value would allow us to state how long it should wait before notifying us again.  My current impression, with this new setting is that it would wait "X" minutes, notify, wait "X" minutes, notify again and so on with "X" being the number of minutes set in the Raise Event setting.  Or is this a one shot deal where it only notifies once and then further notifications until the state changes back to online again?  Either way, it would be nice to say "log Warn/Critical if it's down for 5 minutes and then only log Notices for the next 60 minutes and then log Warn/Critical again if it's been down for 5+ minutes."

Either way, great improvement.  THANK YOU!!!

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

It is the latter, ie it only notifies once until the connectivity is re-established.

The idea of having reminder notifications is a good, though I'd like to see it able to be applied to any monitor.  We'll both have to wait for product marketing to weigh in on this, though.

It doesn't really make any difference to this topic, but I thought I'd point out that this monitor is a little different to others. Although it is configured on the ON100, it is implemented in the portal.  Any time this needs to fire, the ON100 will be offline, so there isn't much choice in the approach.

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: