Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP321

CHRIS YEO
Beginner
Beginner

Hi Guys,

The backup doesn't seem to work using the backup now button.  Does it work at all?

thanks!

Chris

6 REPLIES 6

SHAWN EFTINK
Contributor
Contributor

I'm assuming you input credentials and that the credentials are showing as working.  I don't have any WAN321's deployed out there, but I have a number of other devices at several sites that the backup is working perfectly.

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

The WAP321 only allows you to put in the snmp access credentials, which I have put in.

Understood.  Please see the Supported Devices and Feature Summary located here.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-17501

The WAP321 is not currently listed as supported so the backup functionality is not currently available.

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

They do have several links, including this one from April 2012:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3620907#3620907

That indicate that even though it is not in the supported devices, that they do support some functionality on the device.

Understood, and there is "some" functionality but it appears that it more relates to Wireless reporting than anything else.  If the device doesn't show up in the Supported Devices and Feature Summary link I referenced above, then odds are it won't support config backup.  That said, if it's only letting you enter SNMP, then it definitely won't support config backup as telnet/enable credentials are required for the ON100 to get a copy of the config.

Dear Chris,

Don't know if you have the problem resolved, I've one WAP321 being managed with SNMP read/write credential added to the ON100. I can successfully backup the configuration to the portal and able to upgrade the fireware as well.

Hope this help,

Siufai

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: