OpenDNS

Ask questions not covered by support articles and documentation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Forum Posts

I had an open and account everything was set up and working left town for a week came home tried looking at what other people that have access To my Wi-Fi were up to while I was gone and it was empty I used to have 4 pages of domain stats then sudden...

I intentionally removed OpenDNS addresses from both my computer and router so I wouldn't be connected to OpenDNS, but the updater says that I'm still connected. I rebooted both router and computer and the updater still says that I'm connected. Can t...

dcmargo54 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Quite a few months ago this all worked great on all Windows boxes. I set up Family Shield today on my router and it is hit and miss device wise if it works. One Windows 7 PC Server: UnKnown Address: 2607:f798:18:10:0:640:7125:5204 Naturally does not ...

keef_ca by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I just moved to a different location (and thus another IP address) and now OpenDNS isn't working properly. I changed my IP address to match the new IP, but ads which were previously blocked, now show in my browser and apps. I have attached my setting...

vespinonl by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Numerous sites are tagged in multiple categories.  I understand how a given site can fall under multiple categories but this reduces the effectiveness of the system.  An example is www.victoriassecret.com which is tagged as Ecommerce/Shopping and Lin...

yahoo.com is only tagged as search, although it obviously matches other tags e.g. news and portal. However, I don't seem able to tag it. What's going on?

gidyn by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Occasionally getting these type messages "wwww.nasa.gov’s server DNS address could not be found" in my Chrome browser since installing a new CenturyLink ZyXEL C1100Z DSL Modem. I changed router DNS to Static with OpenDNS two DNS servers. Never had th...

smlgerry by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am running windows 7 with firefox browser and lots of my dns requests are slow. When I go to a page I haven't been to for a few hours, it can take upwards of 5-10 seconds to load. In the lower corner, the status area shows that it's "Looking up xyz...

dnsenizer by Level 1
  • 18 replies
  • 6 Helpful votes

I have installed opendns earlier and it was always working straight forward. But this time i cant seem to get it to work even after researching here.  This is what i did for troubleshooting : - Flush dns cache on the command line.  - Delete browser c...

jason.x by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Unanswered Topics