cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internet Stops Working when I use OpenDNS DNS

matthewlhudson
Level 1
Level 1

I've had this problem for a while and can't figure out why it's happening. When I put the OpenDNS DNS addresses in my DNS (on my wireless router under Internet WAN DNS), everything seems fine for a few minutes. Then eventually, I lose my internet connection. 

It is not just that the OpenDNS Updater doesn't update, it's that I have NO internet connection. When I use the ATT DNS, everything is fine. But, no filtering.

Anyone have any suggestions?

5 Replies 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I opened a support ticket (64671) for you so we can troubleshoot the issue. 

Best regards,

-Chris

Customer Support Representative 

mdmtnwmn
Level 1
Level 1

Oh, my goodness, please post whatever the solution is! In the time it took me to query the forums for connectivity issues, read this post, and try to respond to it, I've been bumped off the internet four times. This is on the laptop from which I set up OpenDNS; I don't think other devices in the house are having the same troubles. There, it just went out again while I was typing this. Thank you!!!

danicheu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi mdmtnwmn, 

I've opened a support ticket to help troubleshoot the issue with you further.

as147
Level 1
Level 1

Folks, I just spotted this post. I posted similar problem here https://support.opendns.com/entries/101171907-DNS-server-settings-causing-regular-intermittent-internet-outages Any help would be appreciated. My issue is very similar and the only way I have managed to stay connected is by changing to my ISP primary and secondary DNS record which means we are no longer protected by OpenDNS.

mattwilson9090
Level 4
Level 4

Considering the "solution" to both of these posters seems to be opening a support ticket, and there is no further information provided, that would be your solution as well.